The data overwhelmingly shows that Sellers typically get the best price for their home during the “peak” season, which we in the industry identify as April through September.
But, answering the question “When is the best time to sell my home?” is little different. For neighborhoods in desirable school districts, the “peak” market might just be the best time to sell, both for the buyer moving their family in, and for the seller moving their family to a new area before the next school year starts.
However, not every home purchase or sale revolves around the school year. For example, what if you’re looking to downsize, simplify, and lower your living costs? Waiting for “peak” season doesn’t guarantee you’ll make any more money off the sale, and you could be spending more money each month than it’s worth to wait. Better to get the best price you can now, and start saving the difference in your costs immediately.
Here are some ways to know if selling now is the right time for you:
- You’ve got equity built up and you’re thinking of cashing out
- Your current home no longer fits your lifestyle and you’re ready to downsize/upsize
- You know your home is in demand and there are plenty of buyers
- You’ve been thinking about selling for a while, and just haven’t made the call yet
- You don’t need to sell, and you know what your home is worth in the market
We deliver a full-service experience for a fraction of what typical brokerages charge, savings of up to $22,000! While they typically charge 3% of your sales price at closing, we only charge $5,000 – and we don’t get paid until YOU do!
Ready to find out what your home is worth?
Click here for an instant home value report! For a Custom Home Value Report, send us an email.
See you around!